Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Bucket List

Let me start by saying that to my knowledge (since my last doctor's appointment), I'm not dying. The one thing that is dying is my creative nature and spirit. My line of work does not afford me the opportunity to do many of the things that I have always hoped and dreamed. This blog will allow me to hold myself accountable making sure that I remember all the things I've ever dreamed of doing by creating a list. My hope, scratch that, my intention is to make sure that before I leave this Earth, most to all of the things on this list will be accomplished.

So many of us have dreams, yet so many of us lose those dreams or simply let them slip away due to "reality". Yes, you may want to spend 30 days experiencing the cultures of South Africa but in all honesty, most of us have to work, we have obligations. We can't leave our jobs, our children, our bills... I'm not saying that I have the solution. I'm not even saying that everything on your own personal list will be possible or that you won't have to plan for several years to do the things you want to do. What I am saying is that I am challenging myself to do as many things on my list as I possibly can. You only live once and I don't want to have any regrets. So here goes...my personal bucket list. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. You only live once, so do it right the first time....I hear you Jocelyn!!! Congrats. You're making me go back to my list of 30 things to do while I'm "30"...I'm already 3 years behind! This is a nice way to hold yourself accountable! G8T idea!!! You're always full of them :)

    ReplyDelete